The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a press release saying they are investigating a suspected outbreak of Ebola in the United States.
The CDC said the outbreak is linked to a single case of the virus in the San Diego area.
The agency says it’s not aware of any cases of infection.
The Associated Press first reported the story on Monday.
CDC director Dr. Thomas Frieden said the CDC is working to determine how many people in the country have tested positive for the Ebola virus.
He also said the agency is conducting a new review of how many U.S. citizens have contracted the virus and how quickly the virus spreads.
The announcement comes a week after the United Nations announced the first case of Ebola diagnosed in the U.K. Since the outbreak began in March, the number of confirmed cases in the continental U.M.S., where the majority of cases have been reported, has risen to 2,056.
The U.N. said Tuesday that more than 2,000 people are in isolation in England and Wales, where some have died.
In Britain, the first known case of infection was confirmed in the West Midlands region.
The first patient to show symptoms of the disease was discharged from hospital in Britain’s south-east on April 25.
In an unrelated case, the World Health Organization said a man who tested positive in the Philippines last week also tested positive.
The WHO said in a statement on Tuesday that it is currently monitoring the virus.
The World Health Assembly has asked the U-N.
to convene a meeting of its members to discuss the outbreak and how to combat the virus, according to the Uptown News.